- About Us
- Economic Security
- Education for Sustainability
- Energy and Climate Change
- Food and Agriculture
- Fresh Water
- Sustainable Communities
- Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Production and Consumption
Mountain Association for Community Economic Development
MACED works to create economic alternatives that make a difference to people and places in eastern Kentucky and Central Appalachia. We invest in good ideas and help others move their good ideas forward.
Our work is organized into three major strategies.
• Providing financial investments and technical assistance that helps local people and communities prosper.
• Conducting research to inform and support good public policy that is inclusive and considers everyone affected.
• Crafting effective development tools that make a difference.
For Appalachian communities to have a brighter tomorrow, they need better tools to retain the natural resources and wealth they are losing today.
Our work today is built upon 30 years of listening, learning and experience working in the mountains of Kentucky and Central Appalachia. We believe our vision can become real only if people have the proper tools, resources and belief in a better way.